|ITV transmission date|| 15th September 2004|
|Script editor|| Bryan Kirkwood|
|Story editor||Mark Bickerton|
|Story associates|| Jane Marlow|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||13th September 2004|
|Next episode||17th September 2004|
Steve's glad that Karen seems to be back to her normal self. She throws a sickie and starts smoking again. Steve suggests that she goes shopping but Karen insists she visit her mother's grave instead to say goodbye. Ciaran's hurt that Tracy let him down on his opening night. Tracy promises to turn up this evening instead. Karen talks to her mother's grave and tells her that she intends to be the best possible wife to Steve. Steve's touched. Ciaran is offended by an article in the Gazette criticising his restaurant. Tracy turns up at McCarthy's and is rude to the customers. Ciaran tells her off so she leaves in a strop. Only the Platts and the Croppers are booked in for dinner. Ciaran fires Sarah when she drops two trays of glasses. Norris and Rita meet up with Rula for dinner. Norris is put-out when Rula introduces her husband Bernie. However, he perks up when Rula suggests that they meet up again. Leanne resolves to take Dev to court for unfair dismissal. She phones Maya. Tracy needles away at Karen accusing her of being jealous because they've got Amy, their own flesh and blood. Furious Karen blurts out that she's expecting a baby too. Steve's shocked.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public bar
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Roy's Rolls
- Clock Restaurant
- North Cross Cemetery
- TV Times synopsis: Karen challenges Tracy; Ciaran's luck runs out; and Maya plots to take Dev to the cleaners.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,900,000 viewers (6th place).
Norris Cole: "I mean, it's not every old friend you start comparing to the great screen actors of our time, hmmm? Not that I expect you to take that seriously."
Rita Sullivan: "Now that's where you're wrong, 'cos I do take it seriously. In fact, I think I should start calling yer... Norris Karloff!"
|September 2004 episodes|
| Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th (1 2) • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th|
• Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th (1 2) • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th