Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th July 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th July 1966|
|Next episode||20th July 1966|
Jerry feels that Dennis is a nuisance and no use at the Yard. Ruth picks Ken, Jerry and Ena for the quiz team, and has to join the other team to make up the numbers. Jerry thinks about getting a divorce. Jed is the question master when George Chippendale and Alf Whittam join Ruth from the Bird in Hand pub. The contest is neck and neck but Ena wins for the Rovers on the last question. Annie gets George to identify a painting she finds in the cellar. He discovers the frame is stuffed with money and a mask. Ruth tells Len she'll go out with him on her birthday - tomorrow.
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- TV Times synopsis: 'Pub Challenge' at the Rovers and a poser for Len
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,900,000 homes (5th place).
|July 1966 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|