Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th July 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th July 1966|
|Next episode||25th July 1966|
Ken, Jerry, David, Dennis, Len, Jed and Stan set off for Liverpool to see Brazil play Portugal in a World Cup qualifier. Len feels torn between the football and Ruth. Ruth tells him to go. Annie fantasises about the picture. She feels that the Rovers has some romantic past and that the pub's name may have to be changed to "The Masked Lady". In Liverpool, Jed is angry when Stan jokingly gives his name to a policeman.
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ruth Winter - Colette O'Neil
- Policeman - Robert Hartley
- Coach Driver - Barry Linehan
- Tea Bar Girl - Rosemary King
- Housewife - Kate Brown
- TV Times synopsis: A World Cup outing for the lads
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 4,450,000 homes (18th place - along with Episode 586 (25th July 1966) this was the lowest rated appearance of an episode within the top twenty in 1966. This episode was transmitted opposite World Cup coverage of a France v England match on BBC1).
|July 1966 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|