Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||25th July 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Susan Pleat|
|Previous episode||20th July 1966|
|Next episode||27th July 1966|
The Brewery considers the name change of the Rovers. Jerry tries to get hold of Myra Booth about a divorce. Ruth tells Ena that she has had a proposal from an old boyfriend called Paul. Sheila and Jerry try desperately to get his divorce so that they can marry. Ruth tells Ena that her boyfriend, Paul, wants her to go to Rome to live there and that the Community Centre is being moved from the Mission to Chester Street. The menfolk hold a meeting and decide to stand up against Annie. Annie entertains the president of the Federation of Women's Associations, Mrs Arkinstall. Ruth decides to go to Rome, and will have to tell Len.
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- TV Times synopsis: Jed in the dumps and Annie in Seventh Heaven
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 4,450,000 homes (17th place - along with Episode 585 (20th July 1966) this was the lowest rated appearance of an episode within the top twenty in 1966. This episode was transmitted opposite a West Germany v Soviet Union match on BBC1).
|July 1966 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|