Martin breaks down and sobs. David's frightened but hugs him. Ray ruins his chat with Tracy by putting down Ken and she slaps him hard. Deirdre remembers how good she and Ray were together, wondering what could have been. Roy's scared when Schmeichel arrives on a visit. Chesney tells him to face his fears. Tracy tells Ray he's too late as he's already dead to her. She leaves as Deirdre arrives. Martin's upset that Gail thinks he might be guilty. He swears on David's life. Gail hugs him and says she believes him. Ray and Deirdre discuss old times. She breaks down telling him that he broke her heart. Ken's worried when Tracy returns from No.3 without Deirdre. Katy panics about going to prison. Angela says they'll blame the murder on the Morgans from Sheffield, telling Katy to be strong. Roy introduces Chesney to encyclopedias. Chesney asks if Schmeichel can stay. Ken explains to Blanche how much it hurts that he and Deirdre aren't yet married. Martin tells Katy he's innocent. She says she misses him. Angela drags Katy away telling Martin to stay away from her family. Deirdre forgives Ray. Ken overhears them reminiscing and states he won't let Ray cause his family any more pain.
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Katy Harris - Lucy-Jo Hudson
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Renny Krupinski was credited as the Fight Arranger on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Martin's release forces Angela to come up with a daring new plan; Deirdre and Ray have an emotional heart-to-heart; and Roy admits he's afraid of dogs, prompting Chesney to suggest a cure.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,800,000 viewers (2nd place).
|March 2005 episodes|
| Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Sun 13th • Mon 14th (1 2) • Wed 16th|
• Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st (1 2) • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th (1 2) • Wed 30th