|ITV transmission date||5th July 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||3rd July 1961|
|Next episode||10th July 1961|
Concepta realises Billy is looking for a job in London and worries about how Annie will take it. Christine agrees to let Dennis practice his guitar at No.13. Phil Marsden, Billy's boss offers him the job of foreman at the Chiswick garage - he takes it. Doreen and Billy stake their claim on each other but he worries when she talks about settling down. Albert and Michael collect for the Over 60's Club jumble sale. Relief manager Vince Plummer takes over the Rovers as the Walkers go to Torquay. Annie thinks he's too keen. Vince makes advances towards Concepta causing Harry to turn against him.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- This episode carries no director credit, either on-screen or in TV Times.
- This was the final episode of original producer Stuart Latham's first run in that role - he returned briefly to produce Episode 332 to Episode 337 from February to March 1964.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,471,000 homes (joint 4th place with Episode 58).
Ena Sharples: "I speak me mind without fear or favour."
|July 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|