Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date|| 2nd May 2005|
(Monday - Part 1)
|Script editor|| Bryan Kirkwood|
|Story editor||Mark Bickerton|
|Story associates|| Jane Pearson|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||1st May 2005|
|Next episode||2nd May 2005|
Fiz gives Cilla a hard time for abandoning Chesney. Cilla pretends that her intentions were always to send for Chesney but Fiz is disbelieving. Mel Hutchwright enthuses about the humble north, the cobbles, the litter and the pigeons. Norris asks him to cast his professional eye over a book which he's writing about his life as a salesman. Ian winds Sally up telling her that he's decided to give his marriage another go. She pretends not to care but Ian's pleased to see she's jealous. Craig visits Angela in prison. He's devastated when she tells him that she can still expect to serve a minimum of four years. Mel tells the Book Club how he's been suffering from writer's block. Roy and Hayley are delighted when Chesney calls in the café and asks them if it's okay if he still visits them sometimes. Keith tries to support inconsolable Craig. He promises Angela he'll look after him. Janice has a go at Cilla for the way she treated Roy and Hayley, not to mention Chesney. Janice and Cilla end up fighting in the Rovers. Mel's enthralled to see the women fighting and, declaring it's cured his writer's block, he decides he'll stay in Weatherfield to complete his book. Emotional Craig leaves his mum in prison and tells Keith that he just wants his family back.
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Craig Harris - Richard Fleeshman
- Keith Appleyard - Ian Redford
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Davenports - Showroom
- Redford Prison - Visiting room
- Final appearance of Kathryn Hunt as Angela Harris.
- Despite having lines of dialogue, a female customer at Davenports is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: Craig is devastated when Angela explains she's facing a four-year jail term; Ian enjoys manipulating Sally's feelings; and celebrity author Mel Hutchwright decides a stay on the street might cure his writer's block.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,480,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 2005 episodes|
| Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2)|
Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th
Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Fri 27th (1 2) • Sun 29th • Mon 30th (1 2)