Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th September 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||12th September 1966|
|Next episode||19th September 1966|
Polling day: The Mission is used as a polling station. The residents vote: Hilda, Val, Jack and Irma for Annie, Dennis, Ken, Jerry, Stan, David and Albert for Len. Len and Annie do last-minute canvassing with their helpers. The residents feel that they've had enough of politics. Irma provides food for the party in the Rovers. The votes are counted, with Annie and Len equal and the Labour candidate close behind. A recount is called and is still a draw. A coin is tossed between Annie and Len.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- TV Times synopsis: Polling day - at last
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,250,000 homes (1st place).
|September 1966 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|