Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st September 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||19th September 1966|
|Next episode||26th September 1966|
The Public Health man calls at the shop and takes a sample of the potted meat. David throws the rest of the meat away. Jack throws out the Rovers' pies. Jed has a phone call from friend Spider Webb in Liverpool, telling him that the police are after him. He plans to disappear but wants to say goodbye to Minnie. Customers stay away from the shop and Irma blames Len. Ena and Minnie are told to rest in bed for a few days. Jed realises that he can't leave the area with Minnie ill in bed.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- The Public Health Man's visit to the Corner Shop occurred off-screen and the character was not seen.
- TV Times synopsis: Councillor Fairclough takes official action and Jed receives a warning
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (2nd place).
|September 1966 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|