|ITV transmission date||28th September 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||26th September 1966|
|Next episode||3rd October 1966|
Det Con Bill Sharp tells Jed he's wanted for questioning for receiving five dozen stolen blankets. He has a warrant to search No.5. Sharp agrees to pretend he is a friend of Jed's so as not to upset Minnie. Sharp finds the blankets at No.5. The residents try to keep the truth from Minnie. She recognises Sharp as a policeman but pretends not to have. Jed is taken away leaving Minnie in tears. Jack persuades her to keep up the pretence for Jed's sake. Dennis is sure the police found Jed through Stan giving his name in Liverpool. Hilda feels Dennis is calling Stan a copper's nark and thinks Elsie is jealous because she's got a husband. Elsie gets a phone call from Linda Cheveski - she's on her way home from Canada.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Last appearance of Jed Stone until 8th August 2008.
- TV Times synopsis: A sad farewell and news of a happy visit
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,250,000 homes (3rd place).
|September 1966 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|