|ITV transmission date||2nd November 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||31st October 1966|
|Next episode||7th November 1966|
The police find Paul and put him in the Infirmary after he is taken out of the canal. A mystery man pulled him out. The hospital keeps Paul in for observation. Len tries to hide the fact that the incident happened on the unfenced side by Gas Street. Linda phones the news to Ivan. A reporter, John Meakin, tries to find out the story of Paul's disappearance. Everyone refuses to talk to him. Linda tells him the story in the hope something will be done about the canal. Len confides in Jerry that he voted against a fence for the canal. Linda stays the night in the hospital with Paul.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- George Waring makes a pre-Arnold Swain appearance as PC Hartley.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Len's two worlds collide
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,850,000 homes (1st place).
|November 1966 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|