|ITV transmission date||7th December 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||5th December 1966|
|Next episode||12th December 1966|
Lucille collects for parcels for the poor. The residents are glad to hear that Neil is moving on. Ena and Minnie compare prices between the shop and the supermarket. The shop prices are much higher. Dot tells Elsie to reapply for her old job at Miami Modes as she's going to be supervisor. Ena writes to the Minister of Agriculture as the Government have asked everyone to freeze prices. Jerry discovers Neil and Sheila have left town together. Stan comes off his diet when he is made redundant from the milk round.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Last appearance of Sheila Birtles until 23rd June 1969.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena turns watchdog and Stan is sold a pup
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,700,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1966 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|