|ITV transmission date|| 7th April 2006|
|Script editor|| Anita Turner|
|Story editor||Bryan Kirkwood|
|Story associates|| Martin Sterling|
|Executive Producer||Kieran Roberts|
|Previous episode||5th April 2006|
|Next episode||9th April 2006|
Mike's in hospital with an oxygen mask to help him breathe. Jamie's by his bed. Kelly's annoyed when Becky makes Joanne swap machines so she can be next to her. Emily visits Mike. She's upset when he thinks she's his mother and keeps asking after his father. Liz becomes consumed with jealousy - adamant that Michelle is trying to get her claws into Vernon. Bev warns her she'll drive him away if she's not careful. In a very ill and confused state, Mike walks out of the hospital. He wanders the streets in his pyjamas. Danny and Jamie are in a blind panic when they realise Mike is missing. Ken finds Mike standing outside the factory in his pyjamas and slippers. He's relieved to see Mike but distressed to see the state of him. Ken puts his jacket round him and phones for an ambulance. Mike taunts Ken about Deirdre but then suffers a massive heart attack and dies in Ken's arms. Danny arrives soon after and is devastated to learn from Ken that Mike is dead. Distraught Danny cradles his dead father.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jamie Baldwin - Rupert Hill
- Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Joanne Jackson - Zaraah Abrahams
- Kelly Crabtree - Tupele Dorgu
- Becky - Katherine Kelly
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Vernon Tomlin - Ian Reddington
- Michelle - Kym Marsh
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Weatherfield General - Intensive Care Unit, reception, corridors and exterior
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Final appearance of Johnny Briggs as Mike Baldwin although his voice is heard in Episode 6270 (14th April 2006) as an answerphone message is played by Danny Baldwin in the Underworld office. Johnny Briggs reprised his role as Mike's ghost for the Coronation Street Text Santa Sketch broadcast on 21st December 2012.
- The end credits are played without the theme tune.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike reaches the final chapter in his life after escaping from the hospital and making his way back to the Street - where lifelong sparring partner Ken finds him alone on the steps of his beloved factory. Elsewhere, Liz fears Michelle has designs on Vernon as the pair spend hours discussing the band.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,340,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|April 2006 episodes|
| Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th|
Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th