Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th July 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||12th July 1961|
|Next episode||19th July 1961|
At the Bonarti's Continental Cafe, Mario tries to tell his father Leo that his Italian ideas will not go down in the cafe. They have their grand opening. Mario tries on his charm with Doreen but she thinks he's too smarmy. Leo falls for Elsie. The shop owners all donate goods for a charity raffle. Ena wants to boycott the cafe as she doesn't want anything to do with "Italian muck" but Minnie goes against her wishes and visits the cafe.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Dorothy Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Nancy Leathers - Norah Hammond
- Michael Courtney - John Kelly
- Vincent Plummer - Garfield Morgan
- Leo Bonarti - Steve Plytas
- Mario Bonarti - Frank Coda
- Audrey Plant - Mary Duddy
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,485,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|