David bunks off school, waits until Gail's gone to work and then climbs over the back fence into No.8. However Keith spots him and tells Sarah. Bev and Fred discuss Shelley and her bad luck with men. Shelley's fed up of being gossiped about. Gail confronts David at home. She marches him to see the headmaster Mr. Griffin. Keith's panicking about finding a new home for him and Craig. Dev and Roy make things worse by telling him how renting can be a legal minefield. David lies through his teeth and tell Mr. Griffin and Gail that he's being bullied by older boys but is too scared to give them any names. Mr. Griffin doesn't believe him but Gail does and insists he stays at home until the end of term. Shelley tells Betty how she's phoned the brewery and asked them to find her another job in a new area as she's fed up of being talked about and needs a fresh start. Dev's impressed with Amber's school report which is virtually straights 'A's. Keith's asking Craig if he'll help him look for a house when he suffers chest pains and collapses in the Street.
- Craig Harris - Richard Fleeshman
- Keith Appleyard - Ian Redford
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Amber Kalirai - Nikki Patel
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Garden
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield High - Headmaster's office and corridor
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for World Cup coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: David claims he is being bullied when he's caught skipping school again; Keith collapses with chest pains after having a hard day house-hunting; Dev is pleased by Amber's excellent report card; and Shelley confesses to Betty that she's ready to leave Weatherfield.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 8,160,000 viewers (8th place).
|June 2006 episodes|
| Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Tue 13th|
Wed 14th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st • Thu 22nd • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th