Stan doesn't tell Hilda about the lack of money as she worries about the bills. Vera believes the doctor has told Ena what's wrong with her. She asks Ena to swear she doesn't know on the Bible. Ena refuses. Vera is sure she's going to die. Stan spends all his money on drink. Elsie tells Hilda and Irma that the dole has been stopped. Ena tells Jack about Vera's brain tumour, she doesn't know whether or not to tell Vera.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- No episode was shown on 4th January 1967 due a strike at Granada Television. The strike began at 6.30pm on the 4th and was called in protest over an announcement by management that a bonus payment which had been made at Christmas would not be repeated in the forthcoming December. The strike lasted just one and half hours but it meant that Granada were unable to transmit that night's editions of University Challenge or Coronation Street to the ITV network.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena is lost and Jack gives some good advice
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,000,000 homes (19th place - this low rating was explained by the BBC airing the comedy series Till Death Us Do Part directly against this episode).
|January 1967 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|