Fiz is furious with Kirk when she finds out he didn't write her a poem at all but merely recited some song lyrics to her. Kirk's distraught saying he meant every word. Ashley's concern at Claire's state of mind grows as she refuses to discuss her mother's illness and continually stonewalls him. Under pressure from Steve, Sean, Betty and Violet, Liz gives Michelle her job back. As Michelle plucks up the courage to ask Steve out she overhears him talking to Liz. Liz describes her as a single parent looking for a meal ticket. Michelle's hurt. Fiz calms down and admits she does want to be with Kirk after all. She asks Kirk if he'll teach her to drive and he willingly agrees. Liam reminds Frankie she agreed to a date with him when she was drunk. Craig's amazed when David tells him how he intends to continue skiving off school next term even though he's been in so much trouble. Thinking Steve's not interested in her, Michelle makes it clear she overheard his conversation with Liz and then goes home upset. Steve's gutted realising she's got entirely the wrong impression.
- Frankie Baldwin - Debra Stephenson
- Violet Wilson - Jenny Platt
- Jamie Baldwin - Rupert Hill
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Claire Peacock - Julia Haworth
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Michelle Connor - Kym Ryder
- Craig Harris - Richard Fleeshman
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Liam Connor - Rob James-Collier
- Adam Barlow - Sam Robertson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- This was the first episode of the programme to carry an advert by its Cadbury sponsor since Episode 6321 (22nd June 2006) due to the chocolate manufacturer withdrawing one million bars following a salmonella contamination scare.
- TV Times synopsis: Michelle plucks up courage to ask Steve on a date, but overhears his conversation with Liz; Fiz is upset to discover Kirk used song lyrics to create his love poem; and Ashley struggles to get Claire to open up about her mother's illness.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 9,930,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 2006 episodes|
| Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th (1 2) • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th (1 2) • Wed 13th • Fri 15th|
• Sun 17th • Mon 18th (1 2) • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th (1 2) • Wed 27th • Fri 29th