|ITV transmission date||25th January 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||23rd January 1967|
|Next episode||30th January 1967|
Dennis tries to get the fire under control but the curtains catch light. The firemen deal with the fire and have to spray under the floorboards. Dennis resigns from the Yard before Len can sack him. Annie wants Lucille to work at Gamma Garments but she refuses. Dave Smith tells Irma he's thinking of opening a new betting shop in the area. She refuses to sell the shop to him. Dennis asks Emily for the Gamma job and against her better judgment she gives it to him. Dave tells Len it was him who pulled Paul out of the canal - not Percy Bridge.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Future famous film and television star Patrick Stewart appeared in this episode as a Fire Officer in one of the first television roles of his career.
- TV Times synopsis: Miss Nugent gathers her forces and a bookie drops a bombshell
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,950,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1967 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|