Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th January 1967 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||25th January 1967|
|Next episode||1st February 1967|
Len refuses to believe Dave Smith saved Paul. Percy Bridge tells Elsie his old landlady is holding his clothes as he owes her rent. Elsie gives him money for his rent, watched by Len and Jerry. Ena and Albert clean up Len's house. Emily asks Dennis to work on Lucille to get her to work at Gamma Garments. Elsie accuses Dave of lying. She is sure Percy saved Paul. Dennis wins Lucille over with talk of cut-price gear. Len and Elsie get Dave and Percy together in the Rovers to discover the fraud. Emily offers Lucille £8 a week and commission of sixpence in the pound. Lucille agrees to take the job. Dave produces Paul's cap as proof. Elsie is disgusted and Len throws Percy out after retrieving her money. Elsie says thank you to Dave.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- TV Times synopsis: Stand up the real hero!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,100,000 homes (15th place - this low rating was explained by the BBC airing the comedy series Till Death Us Do Part directly against this episode).
|January 1967 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|