|ITV transmission date||1st February 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th January 1967|
|Next episode||6th February 1967|
Dennis arranges for Miss Weatherfield - Kay Johnson - to open the new Gamma Garments. Emily asks Len to perform the ceremony. Len offers Dennis' old job to Stan. He takes it for £14 a week. The residents gossip as Elsie's friendship with Dave Smith deepens. Len agrees to open Gamma leaving Dennis to find the ten guineas to pay off Miss Weatherfield. Two thugs, Phil Ferguson and Eric Briggs, cut up rough at the Betting Shop. Stan's back goes on his first day at the Yard.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Ernie Mills - Jack Grieve
- Phil Ferguson - Geoffrey Hughes
- Eric Briggs - Leslie Southwick
- Kay Johnson - Jill Huskisson
- Geoffrey Hughes makes a pre-Eddie Yeats appearance as Phil Ferguson
- TV Times synopsis: In which Stan works "short time"
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (4th place).
Elsie Tanner: "I'm still like a little kid, me. Mekkin' sandcastles on South Shore. I only needed to see a big, blonde feller wi "Lifeguard" plastered across 'is chest, an I'd traipse after 'im all day w' me bucket an' spade."
|February 1967 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th|