Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th July 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||19th July 1961|
|Next episode||26th July 1961|
The Walkers return to find things completely different in the Rovers. They worry about Vince's letter of complaint. Ken gets his degree results: 2nd class honours in English and History. Concepta tells the Walkers she will be giving up her job when she marries. Ena has her free meal at Bonarti's Continental Cafe - Scampi with Spaghetti Verenses. Walter tells Elsie he's thinking of opening a dress store in town and wants her to be the manageress. Ena gets drunk on Italian wine. Billy tells his parents about the Chiswick job. Frank is worried when he sees Alf stealing a letter from the sorting room.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Nancy Leathers - Norah Hammond
- Walter Fletcher - Donald Morley
- Leo Bonarti - Steve Plytas
- Mario Bonarti - Frank Coda
- TV Times synopsis: Seven terraced houses; Florrie Lindley's corner shop; the Glad Tidings Mission Hall and a public house called the Rover's Return. This is Coronation Street - an ordinary street in a typical Northern town.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,268,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|