Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th March 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||27th March 1967|
|Next episode||3rd April 1967|
Len returns from seeing Stanley in Nottingham. Elsie tells him that Jerry has been acting strangely towards her. Len promises to find out why. Albert's cooking gives Jack stomach ache. Annie finds out from Minnie that she saw Jack going into No. 11. Jack wonders if it's time to return to Annie. Jerry tells Len that he thinks Elsie was on holiday with Dave. Jack tries to talk to Annie but she won't listen. Annie breaks down and tells Minnie that Jack has left her. Ken returns from prison. Len is cold with Elsie. Jack considers giving Annie a present to get round her but makes the mistake of asking Elsie's advice in full view of a suspicious Annie. Val is hurt that Ken didn't put her and the twins first. Minnie advises Annie to fetch Jack back. Mr Dawlish, the Principle at Granston Technical College sends for Ken. Annie calls at No. 11 and asks an astonished Elsie for her husband back. The residents watch as Elsie goes for Annie; they argue and insult each other with Hilda and Ena joining in. Albert tells Jack about the ongoing argument. Having had enough of Annie jumping to conclusions, he sneaks into No. 11 through the back door and then out of the front in full view of everyone.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Hallway
- The actress playing Susan Barlow is uncredited.
- A member of the production crew walks into shot in a scene in the street between Ken and David Barlow but hastily retreats when he realises that he's on camera.
- TV Times synopsis: In which the Rover returns and causes panic on the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,000,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
Elsie Tanner: "He wants a medal, you know, living with her all these years."
Annie Walker: "Yes, well your husband threw the towel in pretty quickly, didn't he? Mind you, it's not every man that wants a wife with the morals of an alley cat!"
Elsie Tanner: "And it's not every fellah that wants a clapped-out millhand with delusions of grandeur for a wife!"
|March 1967 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|