Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th July 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||24th July 1961|
|Next episode||31st July 1961|
Frank continues to worry over what he saw Alf doing. He is surprised when Alf calls to speak to him. Doreen and Audrey Plant are flattered when Mario Bonarti takes an interest in them but he instantly transfers his attention to Christine when she calls in with Esther who tells her that Brian has offered her a better job, on £1 a week more. She doesn't know whether or not to take it. Christine faces going on holiday alone as the Starks are moving to Birmingham. Alf offers Frank and Ida charabanc tickets to Colwyn Bay on August bank holiday and Frank sees that the letter that Alf took was addressed to him anyway. He is relieved. Alf tells him that the postman who was pilfering has been found. Linda is tired of Elsie interfering with the baby. She determines to do something about it. Billy is interested to hear about the girls in London from Walter Fletcher. Annie isn't pleased when she overhears their conversation. Ena thinks Billy will do well in the capital although it has dens of vice. Christine stares Mario down when he continues to look at her. He apologises to her and asks her out. She isn't sure although she's taken with him. Elsie calls round again, offering to babysit so that Linda and Ivan can go out. They return briefly for Ivan's wallet and Linda is annoyed, thinking that Elsie has disturbed Paul. Annie starts to grow upset at the thought of Billy moving away and Jack comforts her. Linda rows with Elsie over the baby causing Elsie to walk out. Linda tells her not to come back again.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room
- Bonarti's Continental Cafe
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,378,000 homes (2nd place and the programme's highest placing in the charts to date).
|July 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|