|ITV transmission date||3rd May 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||1st May 1967|
|Next episode||8th May 1967|
Elsie tells Val she can't baby-sit the twins as she's busy later. It's Lucille's 18th birthday. With Annie away on a charabanc outing with the Lady Victuallers, Jack buys Lucille an original design from Gamma Garments. Lucille loves it. The Hewitts send her a hairdryer. Irma goes to the doctors about her leg as she's been laid up since the match. David thinks she's imagining it to get out of playing. Elsie tells Dot she's got a date with Steve. Ena and Jack reminisce about Lucille being born. Len stands for re-election as the only candidate of the ward. David gets a ticket for the Cup Final at Wembley. Elsie considers standing Steve up as she's worried about his reaction to her twenty years on. The doctor tells Irma that she doesn't have a strained ligament. The pain returns when she arrives home after spending the day shopping. David lets Jerry buy the ticket from him on a first-come, first-served basis. Stan thinks he should have it as he's David's father-in-law. Len wants it as well. Jerry feels bad for taking the ticket and goes along with Ken's suggestion that the three men play for it. They settle on darts. Stan hits the bullseye and wins the ticket but he realises he'll have to clear it with Hilda. Elsie sets Ken and Val's tongues wagging by leaving the house in a new outfit. Ena knows immediately that she's going to meet a man. Stan tricks Hilda into consenting to him going to London by himself by suggesting that she goes instead. Elsie meets Steve after twenty-two years.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Miami Modes - "Better Dress" department
- First appearance of Steve Tanner.
- The woodland scenes were recorded on outside broadcast cameras at Lyme Park.
- The end credits play over Elsie's meeting with Steve and are displayed over the right half of the screen.
- TV Times synopsis: A tale of two tickets - one to Wembley, the other to romance
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (9th place).
|May 1967 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st