|ITV transmission date||31st July 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||26th July 1961|
|Next episode||2nd August 1961|
Elsie's glad that Arthur has been transferred to another district. She gets a bit embarrassed when Dennis takes his bath during Walter's visit. The Walkers advertise for a new barmaid. Lucille tries to curl her hair with sugar and water and gets it all stuck. Ena gets it out with soap, water and a pan scrubber. Florrie worries that the Corner Shop isn't doing very good business. Dennis works on a song but Christine thinks it's old-fashioned. Mario takes Christine out and is suspicious over her relationship with Dennis. Annie realises daughter Joan is a snob when she snubs the Rovers. Billy takes a fancy to club hostess Betty Ridgeway. When the stripper doesn't turn up Dennis has to sing at the Orinoco Club.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Walter Fletcher - Donald Morley
- Leo Bonarti - Steve Plytas
- Mario Bonarti - Frank Coda
- Sam Johnson - Ken Parry
- Betty Ridgeway - Barbara Young
- Mr Dixon - Anthony Broughton
- Barbara Young makes a pre-Doreen Fenwick appearance as Betty Ridgeway.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 4,947,000 homes (6th place).
|July 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|