|ITV transmission date||12th June 1967 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||7th June 1967|
|Next episode||14th June 1967|
Elsie takes it in her stride that Dennis has a Swedish girlfriend. Albert and Minnie row over where to go on the picnic. Dennis is annoyed when Steve and Inga Olsen hit it off. The picnickers end up in Lyme Park. Dennis' romantic intentions are spoilt by family and neighbours. Elsie and Steve go to the Roebuck Inn where they first met in 1945. He tells her to start believing he loves her. He proposes and she accepts.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Coronation Street exterior
- 11 Coronation Street- Back room
- Fairclough and Booth
- Gamma Garments
- Lyme Park
- Roebuck Inn
- Sandra Gough (Irma Barlow) is credited but does not appear.
- The children playing Peter and Susan Barlow are uncredited.
- This episode contains an audio flashback of Elsie and Steve's first meeting at the Roebuck Inn during the Second World War. Also heard is the voice of Frank Capalino (Steve's army comrade who introduces himself to Elsie) but the actor is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: A question for Elsie - and an answer for Steve. Sandwiches for the Barlows, and a Swede for Dennis
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,200,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1967 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|