|ITV transmission date||2nd August 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||31st July 1961|
|Next episode||7th August 1961|
Dennis did two encores at the Orinoco Club. He and Billy celebrate the birth of a new star. Florrie decides to start opening on Sundays. Christine wins a two-week holiday in Cornwall in a raffle. Annie gets tearful as Billy's departure draws near. Esther agrees to go to Cornwall with Christine. Sam Johnson gives Dennis a regular spot at the Orinoco Club. Billy leaves for London and is stunned when he learns Betty has come for the barmaid's job, just as he's moving out.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Last appearance of Billy Walker until 14th May 1962.
- Barbara Young makes a pre-Doreen Fenwick appearance as Betty Ridgeway.
- TV Times: The warm, human story of a street full of ordinary people; their hopes and their dreams; their laughter and their tears(This generic synopsis did not appear in all regional editions)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,497,000 homes (3rd place).
|August 1961 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|