|ITV transmission date||7th August 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||2nd August 1961|
|Next episode||9th August 1961|
Ken goes for a post, teaching history at a public school in Surrey. Albert's niece, Valerie, calls on him to tell him his brother Alfred has got the post of Station Master in Glasgow. She asks him if she can stay with him when her family move there and he is delighted. Ken meets Valerie and falls for her. Nancy has a heart attack and Dr. Graham is sent for. Concepta wins Lucille over by taking her to the Bank Holiday fair. Lucille finds a pill box in the Street and keeps it. Dr. Graham panics when he realises he's lost some sleeping pills.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Nancy Leathers - Norah Hammond
- Dr. Graham - Fulton Mackay
- Mario Bonarti - Frank Coda
- Audrey Plant - Mary Duddy
- Fairground Assistants - Leslie Clarke, Mollie Hare
- Darts Stallholder - Jack Woolgar
- First appearance of Valerie Tatlock.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 4,524,000 homes (8th place). Of all of the episodes in the year which appeared in the viewing charts, this was the lowest-rating, due in no small part to it being transmitted on August Bank Holiday Monday.
|August 1961 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|