Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th July 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||24th July 1967|
|Next episode||31st July 1967|
Annie prepares for her trip and has Jack and Lucille running round. Dennis returns from Sweden with Inga's sister Karen. Hilda feels depressed and vague. Annie is driven off in a chauffeur-driven limousine. Karen doesn't like au-pairing. Annie nearly goes off without her passport.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- The scene of Annie Walker setting off in a chauffeur-driven limousine for a trip to Paris was not shot on the usual set but on location. This meant that the frontage of a real pub stood in for the Rovers Return Inn and consequently bore little resemblance to that usually shown in the programme. The pub used was "The Amalgamated Inn" which stood on the corner of Clifton Street and Gloucester Street in Ordsall about half a mile north of Archie Street which was used as the template for the design of the Coronation Street set. The pub had previously stood in for location shots of the Rovers in Episode 389 (2nd September 1964). It closed in 1970 and was demolished in 1971.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 678 (14th June 1967) and Episode 701 (4th September 1967)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,700,000 homes (2nd place).
|July 1967 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|