Jerry spends all his time at the library. Hilda fusses round Irma too much. Mrs Cook takes over No.11. Sally Frost agrees to go to the pictures with Jerry. Irma doesn't appear very happy about the baby. Dennis lets the Cook boys have Elsie's bed because of their somersaulting act. Peter, Sally's boyfriend turns up and asks Jerry for a fight.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Sally Frost - Morag Hood
- Mrs Cook - Jessie Evans
- Arthur Cook - Graham Weston
- Albert Cook - Barry Stanton
- Peter - Jon Finch
- Jessie Evans makes a pre-Megan Hopkins appearance as Mrs Cook.
- Transmission of this episode was disrupted in the London area when fifteen minutes were blacked out while technicians from the ACTT and ICTA unions met to raise their concerns about their jobs when the ITV stations Associated Rediffusion and ABC Television were due to merge as part of the 1968 franchise reshuffle.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (6th place).
|September 1967 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|