|ITV transmission date||2nd October 1967 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||27th September 1967|
|Next episode||4th October 1967|
Dennis is not allowed to smoke in No.11 by Mrs Cook. Len finds it hard going with Stanley. He lets him smoke, against his instincts. Dennis tells the Cooks they'll have to go but is ignored. The Tanners return from honeymoon to Altrincham. Stanley annoys everyone with his snobbery and cheekiness. Dennis asks Val to complain about the Cooks to Elsie. Elsie is not surprised to learn that Dennis has opened her house up to circus acts. Len feels he owes Stanley more than he has given him. Elsie rings Dennis and tells him that she's coming to see the Cooks.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mrs Cook - Jessie Evans
- Arthur Cook - Graham Weston
- Albert Cook - Barry Stanton
- Stanley Fairclough - Ronald Cunliffe
- Jessie Evans makes a pre-Megan Hopkins appearance as Mrs Cook.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,050,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1967 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|