|ITV transmission date|| 7th August 2009|
(Friday - Part 1)
|Script editor||Kathryn Pugsley|
|Story editor||Iain MacLeod|
|Story associates|| Angela O'Neill|
|Designer||Alan Davis (Uncredited)|
|Executive Producer||Kieran Roberts|
|Previous episode||6th August 2009|
|Next episode||7th August 2009|
Kevin quizzes Chesney about nicking Rosie's car and frogmarches him round to No.4. Chesney apologises to Sally and explains how he hates John Stape and his plan was to drive to the prison, give him the ring back and punch him. Rosie wants to know what Michelle's got that she hasn't. Luke fails to take Rosie seriously and she leaves the Rovers in a huff. Gail searches frantically for Joe. She asks Audrey if she's seen him. Luke bumps into Michelle and she invites him back to No.7. Joe breaks into the Medical Centre and sets the alarm off. He's in a terrible state and sweating profusely as he takes a sledgehammer to the alarm; but still the noise continues. Audrey tries to talk some sense into Gail telling her that Joe's unstable and unreliable. Meanwhile, Gail realises the Medical Centre alarm is going off. Joe smashes up the pharmacy in a desperate search for his drugs. Gail discovers her Medical Centre keys are gone from her handbag and with a sense of foreboding rushes down the Street. Jason and Tina buy No.12 at auction at a cost of £54,750. Gail finds Joe tearful and shaking in the Medical Centre. She's devastated as she surveys the damage.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Pam Hobsworth - Kate Anthony
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Chesney Battersby-Brown - Sam Aston
- Joe McIntyre - Reece Dinsdale
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Sophie Webster - Brooke Vincent
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Rosie Webster - Helen Flanagan
- Luke Strong - Craig Kelly
- Tony Gordon - Gray O'Brien
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Michelle Connor - Kym Marsh
- Anna Windass - Debbie Rush
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Rosamund Street Medical Centre - Reception and pharmacy
- Victoria Street
- Auction house
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,830,000 viewers (7th place).
Tony Gordon (referring to the Rovers): "What is this place? it's like the Village of the Damned".
Pam Hobsworth: "Bad example, but I know what yer mean".
Tony Gordon: "I was trying to think of a movie where everyone disappears".
Pam Hobsworth: "I know, love!"
|August 2009 episodes|
| Mon 3rd (1 2) • Thu 6th • Fri 7th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2) • Thu 13th • Fri 14th (1 2)|
Mon 17th (1 2) • Thu 20th • Fri 21st (1 2) • Mon 24th (1 2) • Thu 27th • Mon 31st (1 2)