Kevin and Sally go house-hunting in Cheshire but find everything too expensive. They return disappointed. Steve tells Becky how he tried but failed to bribe Hooch. Joe heads off for the job centre but it's a wasted trip. Jason bumps into Joe and asks him to help him clear out No.12. Joe's only too happy to help. Norris insists on searching the internet for flights for Ramsay. Rita and Emily do their best to persuade Ramsay to change his mind and stay in Weatherfield. Steve and Becky find out from Betty that Slug was in the Rovers on the morning of their wedding. They realise Slug must have planted the drugs. Claire and Ashley try to drum up interest in the charity fete. Tina proudly shows off the charm bracelet Jason's bought her. David takes the mickey. Steve and Becky go to see a solicitor and tell him about DC Hooch and Slug, but the solicitor points out that without any concrete evidence they haven't a hope. Jim and Andy say goodbye and leave in a taxi. Liz is sad to see them go. David tells Joe that Gail was better off before she ever met him. Joe quietly wonders if David might be right. Becky finds a photo of Slug. Steve promises to get copies made and distribute them round all the taxi drivers in Weatherfield in the hope they can track him down.
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Amy Barlow - Amber Chadwick
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Becky McDonald - Katherine Kelly
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Joe McIntyre - Reece Dinsdale
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Claire Peacock - Julia Haworth
- Molly Dobbs - Vicky Binns
- Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, upstairs flat and yard
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and conservatory
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Solicitor's office
- Unknown streets in Manchester
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of Simon Gregson in the role of Steve McDonald.
- Final appearance of Nicholas Cochrane as Andy McDonald.
- Last appearance of Jim McDonald until 15th November 2010.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve tries to track down Slug in the hope of proving he planted the drugs in the Rovers; Kevin and Sally are disappointed by their house-hunting in Cheshire; and Liz says goodbye to Jim and Andy as they leave Weatherfield after the wedding.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,390,000 viewers (4th place).
|August 2009 episodes|
| Mon 3rd (1 2) • Thu 6th • Fri 7th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2) • Thu 13th • Fri 14th (1 2)|
Mon 17th (1 2) • Thu 20th • Fri 21st (1 2) • Mon 24th (1 2) • Thu 27th • Mon 31st (1 2)