Emily celebrates her birthday. She takes the day off work. Steve encourages Elsie to be friendly with snotty Mrs Hunt but Elsie gets on better with her cleaner, May Trickett. Ena asks Albert to visit Alfred's grave with her. Emily meets Frank Starkie from the bureau. Dennis feels sorry for Emily and plans a surprise party for her. Frank tells Emily about his seventy-acre farm. She is relieved that he has never been to the bureau again. Stanley tells Len the fire was an accident. He is pleased to find him improving in hospital. He tells Jerry he is going to go back to school in Nottingham. Emily is upset to discover Dennis has a party planned when she's going out with Frank. She promised she'd be around for the party. Ena is shocked to discover fresh flowers on Alfred's grave.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stanley Fairclough - Ronald Cunliffe
- Frank Starkie - Mark Kingston
- Mrs Hunt - Shirley Cain
- May Trickett - Mary Hignett
- Man with Pipe - Bill Waddington
- Bill Waddington makes one of several pre-Percy Sugden appearances as the Man with Pipe.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1967 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|