|ITV transmission date||16th August 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||14th August 1961|
|Next episode||21st August 1961|
Annie gives up her elocution lessons. Walter Fletcher has to back out of the shop venture. Florrie tells Albert she could pay her bills if her customers settled their accounts. He suggests getting in a debt collector. Val agrees to go to a concert with Ken. The Walkers view The Royal Oak. Supervisor Norman Chadwick leaves the GPO and Frank is given his job. He wants Ida to give up work. Ken is put on the short list for the Surrey job. Frank and Ida plan a holiday. Paul has convulsions causing Linda to fetch Elsie. Ken takes Val to a Tchaikovsky concert.
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,741,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1961 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|