Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th November 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||27th November 1967|
|Next episode||4th December 1967|
Jack tries to get seats at Maine Road for Annie but she refuses, wanting to see the crowd's behaviour from the terraces. Irma returns to work, against David's wishes. Ena summons Dennis and asks what he intends to do about Wally Tanner. She advises him to check the source of the £70. Wally cheers Irma up with compliments. Jack talks Stan, Jerry and Len into going to the match with Annie and Lucille but she confiscates Stan's toilet roll. Dennis visits his father and discovers the £70 is back-rent that Wally owes him and Norah and his health is perfect. Wally tells Dennis he's bought the stone for £60 and gives him the other £10 for rent. Annie causes trouble on the bus when she acts high and mighty with a man. Irma tells David the miscarriage has scared her and she doesn't want another baby. Annie gets into the match and thoroughly enjoys it. Dennis tells Minnie that Wally is staying. When some rival supporters, George Naylor and Lenny Johnson, slag City off outside a chip shop, Annie retaliates. Ken suggests adoption to David. The two men insult Annie. She disarms them of their rattles and throws them away - they smash the window of a shoe repair shop. They are all arrested by a passing policewoman.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Wally Tanner - George Betton
- George Naylor - John Challis
- Lenny Johnson - Bill Lyons
- P.C. Broadley - Dorina Brown
- Man on bus - Leslie Clark
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Lucille's bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop and back room
- Bus stop and "Match special" bus
- Maine Road - Exterior and interior
- Road outside chip shop
- The location scenes were filmed at Maine Road football ground on Saturday 11th November, 1967 at a match between Manchester City and Leicester City.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,450,000 homes (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|November 1967 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|