|ITV transmission date|| 8th February 2010|
(Monday - Part 2)
|Script editor||Sarah Mann|
|Story editor||Iain MacLeod|
|Story associates|| Lee O'Donnell|
|Executive Producer||Kieran Roberts|
|Previous episode||8th February 2010|
|Next episode||11th February 2010|
Gail tries to talk Joe out of his crazy idea but he's adamant it's the only way out of his spiralling debts. Gail's horrified by the madness of it all. Joe makes his way in the darkness to the boat and tries to scramble on board. Gail pulls him back and they row on the edge of the lake. Unbeknown to them, Mark and Jane watch from across the water. Joe falls and sprains his wrist but manages to break free from Gail and sets off in the boat leaving Gail sobbing on the jetty. Peter turns up at George and Eve's house, drunk and demanding to see Simon. George is furious and sends him packing. Gail sits in the cottage alone, shaken and upset. She tries to phone Joe but he doesn't answer. Peter calls in the Rovers drunk and Michelle refuses to serve him. Ken, Deirdre, George and Leanne discuss Peter's drink problem. George offers to pay for rehab. Ciaran finds Peter in the bookies. Peter insists they share a few beers. Tina's worried about Joe. She tries his mobile over and over again. Joe falls overboard. He shouts for Gail but his cries go unheard and he drowns in the icy lake.
- Joe McIntyre - Reece Dinsdale
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Gail McIntyre - Helen Worth
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Michelle Connor - Kym Marsh
- George Wilson - Anthony Valentine
- Eve Wilson - Sabina Franklyn
- Mark Kenworthy - Jason Furnival
- Jane Kenworthy - Annie Fitzmaurice
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Rosamund Street
- Barlow's Bookies
- George and Eve Wilson's house - Kitchen, hallway and exterior
- Lake Windermere - Lake and holiday cottage
- Final appearance of Reece Dinsdale as Joe McIntyre.
- Richard Hammatt was credited as the Stunt Co-ordinator with Tom Aitkin and Lucy Allen as Stunt Doubles on this episode.
- The closing credits of this episode feature a view of Joe McIntyre's empty boat on Lake Windermere instead of the usual montage of Coronation Street.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail tries to talk Joe out of his scheme to fake his own death, but he sets sail in the dark regardless; and Peter turns up drunk at George and Eve's house.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,270,000 viewers (2nd place).
|February 2010 episodes|
| Mon 1st (1 2) • Thu 4th • Fri 5th (1 2) • Mon 8th (1 2) • Thu 11th • Fri 12th (1 2)|
Mon 15th (1 2) • Thu 18th • Fri 19th (1 2) • Mon 22nd (1 2) • Thu 25th • Fri 26th (1 2)