Steve tells Elsie he's doing her a favour making her an American. Annie gets the men into training in the Rovers. Len is concerned as the Council have plans for Elliston's Raincoat Factory. Jack throws out a spy from The Flying Horse. Polly Sagan announces the factory is closing down. Len advises Elsie to let Steve go to America on his own - she belongs in Coronation Street.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Richard Everitt was credited from this episode onwards as executive producer. He was specifically tasked with updating the programme to ensure its longevity. His resulting innovations, although not as great as he planned, included the building of the outdoor Grape Street set, the demolition of the Glad Tidings Mission Hall and Elliston's Raincoat Factory and the building of the Maisonettes, all of which would occur in 1968.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,150,000 homes (2nd place).
|December 1967 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|