|ITV transmission date||27th December 1967 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||25th December 1967|
|Next episode||1st January 1968|
Elsie, Dennis and Linda spend their last day together. The Barlows are sad when Jill Morris goes home to her mother who has now come out of hospital. The residents gossip about Elsie's suitcases with 'E T' in gold on them. They all gather in the Street to say goodbye to Elsie. Irma decides she wants a child. Steve allows Elsie to take her frying pan with her. Linda and Dennis see Elsie off at the airport. Minnie discovers that the Luxy is being demolished. Ena makes Len confirm that the Mission and Vestry are also to be demolished.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Final appearance of Ernst Walder as Ivan Cheveski.
- Final appearance of Paul Maxwell as Steve Tanner.
- Last appearance of Linda Cheveski until 27th May 1968.
- This episode and the previous are rarities in that they feature all of the contracted regulars in the programme at that time.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1967 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|