Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th January 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||22nd January 1968|
|Next episode||29th January 1968|
Ena is moved out of the Vestry but refuses to tell where she's moving to. She lets the removal men pack the van full of her belongings before telling them she's moving across the road to Minnie's. Dennis apologises to the Walkers and is allowed back in the Rovers. Annie advises him to go to London to find Jenny. The residents enjoy watching the Mission being flattened but Ena breaks down as she watches her home being demolished. Agnes Greenwood and Stan realise it's all over between Hilda and George. Dennis packs and leaves the Street. Minnie presents Ena with a key to No.5. At the ice rink, Jerry and Irma bump into Myra.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- George Greenwood - Arthur Pentelow
- Agnes Greenwood - Kathleen Helm
- Jimmy Gibson - Anthony May
- Miklos Zadic - Paul Stassino
- Mr Ironfield - Anthony Dutton
- Van Driver - Neville Smith
- First appearance of Myra Booth since 20th May 1964.
- This episode is notable for the first filming in the yard on Grape Street behind the Granada Television studios, the future home of the programme's outdoor set. The Vestry exterior set was erected and bulldozed down before the film cameras. Over the next few months, the Maisonettes were built on the spot where filming had taken place and in Episode 770 (1st May 1968) the first building on the terraced side of the street was shown when the Corner Shop was seen in its outdoor setting for the first time.
- This episode was repeated by Granada on Wednesday 28th December 1983 at 10.20pm as a tribute to Violet Carson who had died two days previously. This repeat gained 6,913,000 viewers.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,000,000 homes (19th place).
|January 1968 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st