|ITV transmission date|| 8th November 2010|
(Monday - Part 2)
|Script editor||Verity Ellis|
|Story editor||Iain MacLeod|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Kieran Roberts|
|Previous episode||8th November 2010|
|Next episode||11th November 2010|
Molly tearfully tells Jack how she loves Tyrone and how Kevin was a mistake. Jack's sympathetic and hugs her closely. John tells Charlotte about all the phone calls and the intruder in the back yard at No.5. Charlotte tries to kiss him but he pushes her away telling her that Fiz is pregnant. The pastor reads from the Bible telling Sian and Sophie that their relationship is sinful. Sian's sceptical but Sophie's worried that her religion and sexuality are at odds with each other. Jack's birthday party is in full-swing. Kevin gets drunk and makes a show of himself. He tries to strike up a conversation with Jack who is hostile towards him before Sally takes him home. On Jack's advice Claire starts to thaw towards Ashley. Peter and Carla wish Jack a happy birthday. Jack gets confused and thinks they're a couple. Carla's secretly pleased. Nick admits to Leanne that he couldn't bear to see her in her wedding dress knowing she's marrying Peter. He begs her not to marry him. Leanne tells him that he blew his chance years ago and now she loves Peter and she's going to marry him. Jack slips off home when nobody's looking. After taking a long look at the street where he spent so many years, he returns to No. 9 and listens to his records while looking at old photographs. As he starts to fall asleep, Vera appears in front of him telling him she's waiting for him. Jack's comforted by the appearance of his late wife and shares a dance with her. Upon returning home, Connie, Tyrone and Molly find that Jack has died in the chair. Tyrone's devastated.
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Molly Dobbs - Vicky Binns
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sally Webster - Sally Dynevor
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sophie Webster - Brooke Vincent
- Sian Powers - Sacha Parkinson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Owen Armstrong - Ian Puleston-Davies
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- John Stape - Graeme Hawley
- Chris Gray - Will Thorp
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Claire Peacock - Julia Haworth
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Connie Rathbone - Rita May
- Pastor - Chris Grahamson
- Wedding Shop Assistant - Christine Barton-Brown
- Charlotte Hoyle - Becky Hindley
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Joinery
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Charlotte Hoyle's house - Living room, hallway and exterior
- Unnamed Bridalwear shop
- Final appearance of William Tarmey as Jack Duckworth.
- Elizabeth Dawn reprised her role of Vera Duckworth in one scene in this episode in which Jack, moments before his death, experienced a vision of his late wife. Producer Phil Collinson liked the idea of Vera returning to Jack in his final moments despite her "ghostly" post-death appearance being atypical for Coronation Street. Explaining his decision, Collinson said: "I suppose a little romantic in me would like to imagine that somebody comes at the end for us all who we love. And it somehow made Jack's exit so much more epic and about more than just a man who lived in a back street, and yet that's all it was about." Liz Dawn however reprised the role as Vera's ghost for an ITV Text Santa sketch broadcast on 21st December 2012, appearing as the ghost of Christmas yet to come.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,090,000 viewers (3rd place).
Jack Duckworth: "One thing we managed, me and our Vera, despite everything, despite a run of bad luck lasting forty flaming years, was we cared about each other."
Vera Duckworth: "When did you go soft"?
Jack Duckworth: "I'll give you three guesses".
(Jack and Vera's final scene together)
Tyrone Dobbs: "Goodbye, Dad."
|November 2010 episodes|
| Mon 1st (1 2) • Thu 4th • Fri 5th (1 2) • Mon 8th (1 2) • Thu 11th • Fri 12th (1 2) • Mon 15th (1 2)|
• Thu 18th • Fri 19th (1 2) • Mon 22nd (1 2) • Thu 25th • Fri 26th (1 2) • Mon 29th