Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th February 1968 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Director||June Howson and Les Chatfield (See note below)|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||7th February 1968|
|Next episode||14th February 1968|
Susan and Peter are oblivious as the wrecking ball starts to bring down the walls of the factory. Ken and Val realise the twins are missing and begin searching for them. Minnie tells Ken that Bobby was in the factory and he realises they might have followed him. He stops the demolition and hears the sound of the twins coming from inside. He and a shaken Miklos carry them out. Myra tries to analyse where the marriage went wrong. She tries desperately to please Jerry with her cooking. Val broods over what could have happened to the twins. Ena accuses Minnie of being too interested in Bobby to see the twins but Minnie in turn accuses her of being jealous of Bobby. Val realises the twins are becoming more independent. She tells an apologetic Miklos that he's not responsible. Jerry visits Myra's house and brings back some of her clothes. She makes it clear that she wants to take their relationship further. Annie complains about the dirt in the Rovers to Miklos but he instantly wins her round by flattering her, saying that he thought the colour scheme was chosen by a professional decorator. Ena tells Minnie that Henry Foster has offered her lodgings again after she wrote to him. Myra tries to tempt Jerry into bed with her but he refuses in case things don't work out between them again. A tearful Minnie begs Ena not to leave but Ena says she's accepted the offer, saying they just don't get on living in the same house.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Elliston's Raincoat Factory - Demolition site
- 15 Mawdsley Street - Back room/kitchen, landing and bedroom
- The children playing Peter and Susan Barlow are uncredited.
- Les Chatfield directed the filmed location sequences for the episode.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 702 (6th September 1967) and Episode 755 (11th March 1968)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,400,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|February 1968 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|