Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st April 1968 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||27th March 1968|
|Next episode||3rd April 1968|
Emily is upset that Miklos is moving on and about the way she found out the news. He asks to see her later on to talk. Dennis is upset that no one has remembered his birthday. Jenny decides it's time she got a job. Mrs Margaret Clegg looks over the Corner Shop after seeing the advert in the Gazette and tells David it's exactly what she's looking for. She says she'll return with her husband. Miklos tells Jerry he'll be gone in three weeks' time. Elsie tells Len she doesn't want to be bitchy with Jenny but can't help herself as she feels she's too much like her. He tells her that she's being too possessive. Mrs Clegg brings her husband, Les, to the shop. David thinks he's not as impressed as his wife with the premises. Miklos asks Emily to go on holiday to Scotland with him. David refuses to drop the asking price and tells them Emily will be leaving the flat when they sell up - the Cleggs are pleased as they want it for their son, Gordon. Miklos promises Emily he will not make any demands on her and she agrees to go with him. Jenny gets a job as a demonstrator at Ashworths selling kitchen equipment. Elsie buys her a drink to break the ice. David is nervous about what the Clegg's decision will be. Emily packs for her holiday. Minnie gets a letter from Ena saying she wants to come back and move into one of the maisonettes. She asks Len to make enquiries for her. The Cleggs decide to buy the shop, delighting David but saddening Irma. Les realises it's a fresh start for them but it's up to him to make it work.
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Margaret Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Schoolboy - Kevin Walker
- Miklos Zadic - Paul Stassino
- Jenny Sutton - Mitzi Rogers
- Leslie Clegg - John Sharp
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Booth - Yard and office
- Miklos Zadic's flat
- First appearance of Maggie Clegg, initially credited as "Margaret Clegg".
- TV Times synopsis: Miss Nugent throws discretion to the winds
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,400,000 homes (3rd place).
|April 1968 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|