Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th April 1968 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Designer|| Colin Rees (Location)|
Knowles Bentley (Studio)
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||3rd April 1968|
|Next episode||10th April 1968|
Jenny packs but Dennis stops her returning to London. Hilda is horrified that Stan has resigned from the Yard. Len goes to Nottingham as Stanley is ill. Val sees an artist's impression of the new maisonettes and thinks they look great. Dennis persuades Minnie to take Jenny in. Stan plans to get a labouring job at the building site. Dennis is amazed as Minnie guards Jenny's virtue. David and Irma pack. Val calls Ken a stick-in-the-mud for not being interested in the maisonettes. Hilda discovers drayman Vince Boyle tried to settle in Australia but couldn't. She asks him to talk to Irma. Irma is horrified at Vince's tales. Hilda is pleased.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Jenny Sutton - Mitzi Rogers
- Les Clegg - John Sharp
- Vince Boyle - Robert Hartley
- Wilf Jones - John Comer
- TV Times synopsis: The Barlows prepare for new horizons
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,200,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1968 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|