|ITV transmission date||10th April 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||8th April 1968|
|Next episode||15th April 1968|
Irma has last-minute doubts about emigrating. Vince Boyle's stories have got her panicking about all the things that could go wrong. Hilda walks in on the Barlows rowing and is horrified at the thought that David might go without Irma. Irma tells David she'll go with him even though she doesn't want to. Stan is taken on at the building site for the maisonettes. He asks Wilf Jones for light duties on account of his back and is amazed when Jones agrees. Hilda is consumed with guilt for putting the Barlows' marriage at risk. Val tells Ken that No.9 is getting on her nerves. Hilda confesses to Irma that she sent Vince round. Irma accuses her of trying to wreck her marriage and they both break down. The Cleggs take over the shop. Les paints over the Barlows' name. Maggie thinks it's impolite to do so while the Barlows are still around but Irma doesn't care. David and Ken go for their last drink together. Hilda can't find Stan as David and Irma get ready to leave. He turns up just in time, having dropped a plank on his hand and gone to hospital. Ken takes the Barlows to the station. Jenny feels there's not much chance of Dennis and her ever settling down. She tells Minnie that Elsie is still making her feel uncomfortable. Annie invites the Cleggs to the Rovers for an introductory drink. She takes up Les's suggestion of tea at the shop instead. Minnie decides to tackle Elsie; if Ena can do it so can she.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Margaret Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Building site
- Final appearance of Alan Rothwell as David Barlow.
- Last appearance of Irma Barlow until 15th December 1969.
- All of the street scenes in this episode were recorded in studio with the exception of a brief shot of Hilda Ogden leaving No.13 which was filmed on the Grape Street set.
- TV Times synopsis: Moving time at the corner shop!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,000,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1968 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|