Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th April 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Designer|| Colin Rees (Location)|
Knowles Bentley (Studio)
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||8th April 1968|
|Next episode||15th April 1968|
Irma has last minute doubts about emigrating. Stan is taken on at the building site for the maisonettes by foreman Wilf Jones. Val tells Ken that No.9 is getting on her nerves. Hilda tells Irma she sent Vince Boyle round. Irma accuses her of trying to wreck her marriage and they both break down. Les paints over the Barlows' name on the shop. The residents see the Barlows off as they leave for Australia. Jenny feels there's not much chance of Dennis and her ever settling down. She tells Minnie that Elsie is still making her feel uncomfortable. Minnie decides to tackle Elsie; if Ena can do it so can she.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Final appearance of Alan Rothwell as David Barlow.
- Last appearance of Irma Barlow until 15th December 1969.
- TV Times synopsis: Moving time at the corner shop!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,000,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1968 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|