|ITV transmission date||4th September 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||30th August 1961|
|Next episode||6th September 1961|
Concepta shows new girl Nona Willis the ropes. Nona moves into the Rovers. Christine tells Sheila about her holiday romance with Steve Williams from Cardiff. She is shocked when he turns up in the Street. She tells him that there is nothing serious between her and Mario but is trapped into keeping a date with him. Father Bennett summons Concepta and Harry to the church where they find her parents, the Rileys, waiting for them.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Mario Bonarti - Frank Coda
- Father Bennett - David Markham
- Nona Willis - Barbara Ferris
- Steve Williams - Brian McDermott
- Shelagh Riley - Shela Ward
- Sean Riley - Harold Goldblatt
- Border Television was launched on Friday 1st September, 1961 covering the English-Scottish border region and the Isle of Man and therefore this was the first episode of the programme to be seen by viewers in those areas.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,976,000 homes (3rd place).
|September 1961 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|