Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st May 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||29th April 1968|
|Next episode||6th May 1968|
Jerry stops Len and Ray fighting. He makes Len see that Ray is a good plumber and they need one. He tells Len that he and Ray are very alike. In response, Len refuses to sack Stan. Dennis looks forward to his £100 commission. The residents think it's unnatural that Les Clegg is never in the Rovers. Shirley Walton feels threatened by Lucille being around. She tells Ray she'll kill her if he goes near her. Dennis is horrified when he only gets £25 wages for the month. Elsie begins to look for a job; she doesn't want to use Steve's money. Elsie discovers a bundle of £5's in Dennis' pocket. The site workers down tools when Stan arrives to work on the maisonettes.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Jenny Sutton - Mitzi Rogers
- Les Clegg - John Sharp
- Shirley Walton - Stephanie Turner
- Reg Barton - Brian Peck
- In this episode the Grape Street set showing the terraced side of Coronation Street started to be used for the first time in the programme with the façade of the Corner Shop being filmed outdoors. Two episodes later, the frontage of the first house - No. 13 - was seen and outdoor filming replaced indoor studio recording thereafter.
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis makes more plans
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,850,000 homes (6th place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|