|ITV transmission date||6th May 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||1st May 1968|
|Next episode||8th May 1968|
Ronald Wilde tells Len to get Stan off the site. Len refuses so Wilde calls a union meeting. Lucille warns Shirley off Ray. The builders threaten a strike if Stan works with them. Len argues that he is in charge of the plumbers. Hilda butts in when Reg Barton calls Stan useless and incompetent and she has to be led away by Stan. Lucille asks Gordon to help her with the Gamma Garments accounts. He agrees, much to Maggie's disapproval. Elsie fears that Dennis has stolen some money. Ray shows Val drawings of the maisonettes' interiors. Len and Jerry agree to take Stan off the site and back to the Yard for the duration. Dennis buys Jenny a zircon ring. He is summoned to Head Office. Les stays out drinking.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Jenny Sutton - Mitzi Rogers
- Ronald Wilde - George Waring
- Les Clegg - John Sharp
- Shirley Walton - Stephanie Turner
- Reg Barton - Brian Peck
- Mr Stevenson - Henry Moxon
- Labourer - Geoffrey Reed
- George Waring makes a pre-Arnold Swain appearance as Ronald Wilde.
- This episode includes a flashback from Episode 5 transmitted on 23rd December 1960, as Elsie recalls a confrontation with Dennis over an unexplained windfall.
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis in money trouble
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,050,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|