It is Gordon's eighteenth birthday. Jerry tells Len he doesn't know why he's leaving but he wants to make a fresh start somewhere else. Gordon is confused when Lucille offers him a celebratory drink in the Rovers. Jerry agrees to be best man before he leaves. Gordon drinks the same as Ray to prove his manhood. The Stotherts look round No.9. Maggie is upset that Gordon has been drinking with Lucille. She is angry to discover he skipped night school to see Lucille. She is worried that people will find out about Les. Ray entertains Lucille in his car. Ken tells the Stotherts the house is not for sale. He tells Val they'll have to make sure they've got somewhere to move to before they show people round. The residents are surprised when Maggie arrives in the Rovers to talk to Annie.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Jenny Sutton - Mitzi Rogers
- Les Clegg - John Sharp
- Mr Stothert - Michael Bilton
- Mrs Stothert - Sheila Raynor
- This was the first episode of the programme to be broadcast by HTV who took over on broadcasts from the Independent Television Service for Wales and the West in the ITV region for South Wales and the west of England on this date.
- TV Times synopsis: Lucille's two strings
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (4th place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|