Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd May 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||Richard Everitt|
|Previous episode||20th May 1968|
|Next episode||27th May 1968|
Maggie asks Annie to keep Lucille away from Gordon; he has his studies and she wants something better for him than Lucille. Annie accuses her of smothering Gordon and of making him lead a miserable life. Maggie accuses her of corrupting Gordon and walks out. Dennis refuses to have the reception in the Rovers and books the Lancastria. Val is upset at the way Ken treats her like a schoolchild. Gordon is keen to have a relationship with Lucille. They arrange a date and Lucille stands Ray up. Gordon tells Maggie he's out with a college friend. Jenny is pleased when Dennis suggests they marry in a registry office. Ena sends Minnie her hairnet in the post to let her know she's coming back from St. Annes.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Long-term director Brian Mills marked his debut on the programme with this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: A change in the wedding arrangements!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,900,000 homes (6th place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|